The Shalom Hartman Institute is a pluralistic center of research and education deepening and elevating the quality of Jewish life in Israel and around the world. Through our work, we are redefining the conversation about Judaism in modernity, religious pluralism, Israeli democracy, Israel and world Jewry, and the relationship with other faith communities.
Our work focuses on developing and enhancing:
• 21st Century Judaism: Developing compelling Jewish ideas capable of competing in the modern marketplace of identities and thought.
• Religious Pluralism: Building a Jewish people and a State of Israel that respect and celebrate diversity.
• Jewish and Democratic Israel: Ensuring Israel's foundations as the democratic homeland of the Jewish people committed to equal rights and religious freedom for all.
• Jewish Peoplehood: Forming a strong mutual commitment between world Jewry and Israelis as equal partners in the future of Jewish life.
• Judaism and the World: Serving as a gateway for leaders of other faiths to engage with Judaism and Israel and build new foundations of understanding and cooperation.